You probably know that 2014 was the last year to initiate participation in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program. We hope that your medical practice took full advantage! And now that 2015 is almost here, where does your practice stand with the HITECH Act’s Meaningful Use? Are you on the right track?
What you should have achieved by now [Stage 1]:
- Electronically capturing patient health information in a standardized format.
- Using that information to track key and clinical conditions.
- Communicating that information for care coordination processes.
- Initiating the reporting of clinical quality measures and public health information.
- Using information to increase patient engagement with patients and their families.
- Objectives apply for patients who are aged 65 or older and 5 or younger.
Read more about Stage 1 objectives here.
Stage 2 of the Incentive Program began in 2014 and will extend as far as 2016. What does Stage 2 entail?
The objectives you should start focusing on in 2015, if not already [Stage 2]:
- More rigorous health information exchange.
- Increased requirements for e-prescribing and incorporating lab results.
- Electronic transmission of patient-controlled data.
- Extends patient reminders to all patients. Alert Solutions can help!
2016 is the last year to participate in the Medicaid Incentive Program, so there’s still time.
Looking for more information on improving patient engagement at your medical practice? Check out our automated patient notification solutions today!