The synergies between tenant communication and tenant satisfaction are very clear: Effective communication leads to more satisfied tenants that renew leases and bring higher profits to your property management business.
Need more convincing?
According to Westwood Net Lease Advisors, tenant communication is one of the top factors in reducing tenant churn. Also, JLL reported that losing a tenant may result in lost revenue that could take up to two years to recover!
Therefore, the business of keeping of tenants happy is a priority all property managers can agree on. Consider the following tenant communication tips:
Make Yourself Available to Tenants
- Being responsive to tenants makes them feel valued when expressing a question or concern.
Understand One-Way vs. Two-Way Tenant Communication
- Understanding when to use each prevents miscommunication and gets your message heard effectively.
Always Encourage Feedback from Tenants
- Tenant surveys are one helpful way to get feedback from your tenants and improve your operations.
Besides tenant communication, here are a few more tips to increase tenant satisfaction:
- Offer an Electronic Rent Payment Option
- Become More Environmentally Friendly
- Invest in Curb Appeal and Property Maintenance
Alert Solutions allows commercial property managers to provide timely, personalized communications that don’t strain the staff or drain the budget. >> Learn More Here <<
For more tenant communication tips, check out our Guide to Effective Tenant Communication.